Monday, October 21, 2013

Halloween Mixed Media Screen

If you are here looking for my post for the All That stickles blog hop it is right here.

Monday, Monday, Monday....  it's good to start a whole new week in what has been a glorious fall here.  Over the weekend I was busy , busy, busy making this Halloween project for all of you (All that Stickles fans) and boy did I use LOTS of stickles!  I even managed to swallow some!  No joke.  I was snipping off stray ends of fibers that had glitter and stickles and one tiny piece must have flown into my tea cup.  I forgot to take it out and remembered when I finally took a gulp.  Good news, I m fine!

Here is my table top Halloween themed Screen:

Close up of the left side and part of the centre.

Close up of the right side and part of the centre.

The base of this project is cardboard recycled from cereal boxes, joined together with masking tape, gessoed, painted and collaged with vintage tea stained dictionary pages.  There is a coat of modge podge mixed with some walnut ink and water.  More paint (Craft Deco), Distress Dye Inks by Ranger,  embossing ink and Distress Embossing powder also from Ranger.  To make the background I used velvety spider webs on a mesh ribbon.  The picture frames are made of black card stock (American Crafts) die cut with a Spellbinders steel die (Frames Nestabilities).  The images are from older Halloween themed scrap book paper scraps I had in my stash. The ghost is a chipboard die cut from Little Yellow Bicycle. I made the picket fence, the pumpkin border and the toothy banner with Creative Memories papers from long ago and the C.M. border maker with the Rickety Fence, Pumpkin, and Banner cartridges.  I used white chalk ink by Color Box to distress the black papers.  The Dye inks I used were:  Black Soot, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo, Old Paper, Pumice Stone, and Walnut Stain.  The Stickles I chose are:  Spiced Marmalade, Paprika, Black Diamond, Walnut Stain and Rock Candy.   I also used a lot of the Rusty Hinge Distress Glitter by Ranger and some Diamond Dust glitter. The embossing powder I used is Black Soot.  The sentiments are stamped with the Get Inky! By Blue Moon Creation "Halloween 2013"  stamps, onto some scraps of grey Card Stock with Ranger's Archival black ink.  To give the project dimension I used lots of black fun foam and my nifty Xyron sticker maker.  The little spiders were punched with a Creative Memories mini Halloween punch.

I hope that I have inspired you to go make some of your Halloween Mixed Media and Decorations.

Thanks for stopping by!

Anyone for Anya - 2W SIR - (1st Week) Vintage.

No comments: